Guest: How many other people are there on this planet who have made as much spiritual progress as you have?
Prabhupada: I don’t know, there are no statistics in my possession. But what is the use of taking such statistics? Why don’t you become one of them? Why waste time on statistics? You try to become enlightened. What is the use of taking record of who is enlightened or not? You should try to be enlightened yourself. For example, when you purchase a plane ticket, do you ask, “How many tickets have you sold?” What is the use of that? Just purchase your ticket, get on the airplane, and go. Don’t waste your valuable time. If you are serious, just purchase the ticket, get on the airplane, and take the journey.
(From Srila Prabhupada’s lecture on Bhagavad-gita 2.40-45 – Los Angeles, December 13, 1968)
More from my site
- If for fifty years one chants simply Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, he is sure to become perfect.
- Instead of sixteen rounds, sixty-four rounds
- What is the devotee's greatest enemy?
- Janmashtami Festival Celebrations 2017
- That is offered by the disciples as a matter of respect to the spiritual master.
- frailty of imperfect knowledge.
- At that time my disciples will be with Kṛṣṇa
- So without faith, you cannot make advance.
- What is the value of your invention?
- What is that successful life?
- In Krishna consciousness fasting and feasting are the same.
- WHAT IS THE NATURE OF AN INTELLIGENT DEVOTEE ?
- There must be Christ-loka
- one should execute Kṛṣṇa consciousness in right path
- Renunciation and Surrender
- "Otherwise it is impossible to advance"
- What is the use of keeping big, big paraphernalia?
- "Devotees do not suffer"
- Devotees of Lord Krishna are dear to Lord Shiva
- If you are going to die, then you can take
- How can iron become gold?
- Where do you get money?
- "What does it mean to be fully Krsna conscious?"
- What does devotee mean?
- Lord Shiva
- The need of preaching the principles of Bhagavad Gita all over the world
- This is my Magic