Guest (5):Sir, what is the difference between renunciation and surrender?
Prabhupāda: Yes. Renunciation is the beginning of this material world. You cannot take, you cannot surrender to Kṛṣṇa, unless you renounce this ma.... If you have got material necessities... Sarva-dharmān parityajva. Kṛṣṇa says, "Absolute surrender." And if you want material necessities, then you have got so many dharmas—this dharma, that dharma, social dharma, family dharma, national dharma, community dharma, and so on, so on. But Kṛṣṇa demands, sarva-dharmān parityajya [Bg. 18.66]. So it is not very easy thing. Therefore renunciation and surrender. Surrender means full renunciation, no reservation. And renunciation means you renounce something and keep something. That is difference.
Guest (5): Supposing any person, he renounces everything, his material property, and if he just came to Kṛṣṇa consciousness. Can he live?
Prabhupāda: We are living. You can see practically. We have got more than one hundred centers, and we are maintaining at least ten thousand men, just like these Europeans. And you have seen our opulence. We are advertised as fabulously rich. You can see here also.
Śrīla Prabhupāda's evening Lecture -- Bhuvaneśvara, January 23, 1977
More from my site
- "Ghost cannot remain where there is chanting of Hare Kṛṣṇa."
- “SRILA PRABHUPADA'S LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES”
- We are making them bhāgyavān.
- Vaishnava Events- February 2018
- We don't have to chant sixteen rounds BUT "SIXTEEN GOOD ROUNDS" (Excerpts from the instructions of Srila Prabhupada)
- "So you should be very much careful whether you are delivering Kṛṣṇa in the right way"
- A civilization of ghosts
- "This is the symptom of sincere service"
- If for fifty years one chants simply Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, he is sure to become perfect.
- Instead of sixteen rounds, sixty-four rounds
- What is the devotee's greatest enemy?
- Janmashtami Festival Celebrations 2017
- That is offered by the disciples as a matter of respect to the spiritual master.
- frailty of imperfect knowledge.
- At that time my disciples will be with Kṛṣṇa
- So without faith, you cannot make advance.
- What is the value of your invention?
- What is that successful life?
- In Krishna consciousness fasting and feasting are the same.
- WHAT IS THE NATURE OF AN INTELLIGENT DEVOTEE ?
- There must be Christ-loka
- one should execute Kṛṣṇa consciousness in right path
- "Otherwise it is impossible to advance"
- What is the use of keeping big, big paraphernalia?
- "Devotees do not suffer"
- Devotees of Lord Krishna are dear to Lord Shiva
- If you are going to die, then you can take
- How can iron become gold?
- Where do you get money?
- "What does it mean to be fully Krsna conscious?"
- What does devotee mean?
- Lord Shiva
- Why waste time on statistics?
- The need of preaching the principles of Bhagavad Gita all over the world
- This is my Magic