Bahulāśva: Śrīla Prabhupāda, sometimes philosophers make a distinction between knowledge and a belief. They say you can believe in something, but that doesn't mean that you necessarily know that thing which you believe in.
Prabhupāda: Yes, that's fact. Therefore for the neophytes, less intelligent, they should believe. That is the only way, viśvāsa. So generally mass of people they are not so educated. They should believe.
Devotee (6): It says in the Bhāgavatam...
Prabhupāda: Therefore in the Caitanya-caritāmṛta it is said that viśvāsa śabde śudṛdha niścaya. Śudṛdha niścaya, kṛṣṇe bhakti kaile sarva-karma kṛta haya. Śraddhā, śraddhā. Śraddhā means faith. So in Christian science also, there is state, faithful. So this faith may be blind, but that is required.
Paramahaṁsa: Like a child.
Prabhupāda: Yes. Śraddha-śabde viśvāsa. Śraddhā, faith, means believing firmly. That is śraddhā, or faith. There is no question, "Yes." Śraddha-śabde viśvāsa. Therefore we have to believe in the Vedas. Vedas also says like that. That example I give sometimes, that cow dung is stool. In one place it is said stool is impure; in another place it is said cow dung is pure. Now, one may argue, "What is this, contradiction?" But you have to believe it. That is Veda. And that is actually being done. So without faith, you cannot make advance. The skeptics, they have no faith. Therefore they are lost. You must have faith.
Morning Walk —July 21, 1975, San Francisco
More from my site
- Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s Visit to Pandharpur
- My Guru Maharaja
- What is the use of guru or ācārya?"-Śrīla Prabhupāda explains from Śrī Caitanya-caritāmṛta Madhya-līlā 17.186
- Śrī Rāmānujācārya (Srila Prabhupada quoting Sri Ramanujacarya)- An Appearance Day Special
- JUST DO IT
- ”This is expert”
- A devotee is never allured
- "Ghost cannot remain where there is chanting of Hare Kṛṣṇa."
- “SRILA PRABHUPADA'S LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES”
- We are making them bhāgyavān.
- Vaishnava Events- February 2018
- We don't have to chant sixteen rounds BUT "SIXTEEN GOOD ROUNDS" (Excerpts from the instructions of Srila Prabhupada)
- "So you should be very much careful whether you are delivering Kṛṣṇa in the right way"
- A civilization of ghosts
- "This is the symptom of sincere service"
- If for fifty years one chants simply Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, he is sure to become perfect.
- Instead of sixteen rounds, sixty-four rounds
- What is the devotee's greatest enemy?
- Janmashtami Festival Celebrations 2017
- That is offered by the disciples as a matter of respect to the spiritual master.
- frailty of imperfect knowledge.
- At that time my disciples will be with Kṛṣṇa
- What is the value of your invention?
- What is that successful life?
- In Krishna consciousness fasting and feasting are the same.
- WHAT IS THE NATURE OF AN INTELLIGENT DEVOTEE ?
- There must be Christ-loka
- one should execute Kṛṣṇa consciousness in right path
- Renunciation and Surrender
- "Otherwise it is impossible to advance"
- What is the use of keeping big, big paraphernalia?
- "Devotees do not suffer"
- Devotees of Lord Krishna are dear to Lord Shiva
- If you are going to die, then you can take
- How can iron become gold?
- Where do you get money?
- "What does it mean to be fully Krsna conscious?"
- What does devotee mean?
- Lord Shiva
- Why waste time on statistics?
- The need of preaching the principles of Bhagavad Gita all over the world
- This is my Magic