Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Prabhupāda, when I'm serving you sometimes I feel very nice, but then when I think of how bad and imperfect this service is, I feel terrible. Which is right to feel?
Prabhupāda: (chuckles) You feel terrible?
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: Yes.
Prabhupāda: Why? When you feel terrible?
Tamāla Kṛṣṇa: When I see all the blunders I make, all the mistakes.
Prabhupāda: Sometimes... This is nice. To accept the blunders... Even there is no blunder. This is the symptom of sincere service. Just like a father is very beloved to his son or the son is very beloved to the father. A little ailments of the son, the father is thinking, "Oh, my son my die. I may be separated." It is the sign of intense love. Not always that the son is dying immediately, you see, but he's thinking like that. Separation. You see? So that is a good sign. We should not think that we are doing very nicely. We should always think that "I am unable." This is not bad. We should never think that "I am perfect." Because the māyā is so strong, as soon as you are a little confident, immediately there is attack. You see? In a diseased condition... Just like one who takes very precautionary method, there is little chance of relapse. So this is not bad. We should always think like that, that "Maybe I am not doing nicely." But as far as it is in our power, let us execute our business nicely, but we should never think that it is very perfect. That is nice.
Bhagavad-gītā 7.1 -- Los Angeles, December 2, 1968
More from my site
- ”This is expert”
- A devotee is never allured
- "Ghost cannot remain where there is chanting of Hare Kṛṣṇa."
- “SRILA PRABHUPADA'S LETTER TO THE PRESIDENT OF UNITED STATES”
- We are making them bhāgyavān.
- Vaishnava Events- February 2018
- We don't have to chant sixteen rounds BUT "SIXTEEN GOOD ROUNDS" (Excerpts from the instructions of Srila Prabhupada)
- "So you should be very much careful whether you are delivering Kṛṣṇa in the right way"
- A civilization of ghosts
- If for fifty years one chants simply Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, he is sure to become perfect.
- Instead of sixteen rounds, sixty-four rounds
- What is the devotee's greatest enemy?
- Janmashtami Festival Celebrations 2017
- That is offered by the disciples as a matter of respect to the spiritual master.
- frailty of imperfect knowledge.
- At that time my disciples will be with Kṛṣṇa
- So without faith, you cannot make advance.
- What is the value of your invention?
- What is that successful life?
- In Krishna consciousness fasting and feasting are the same.
- WHAT IS THE NATURE OF AN INTELLIGENT DEVOTEE ?
- There must be Christ-loka
- one should execute Kṛṣṇa consciousness in right path
- Renunciation and Surrender
- "Otherwise it is impossible to advance"
- What is the use of keeping big, big paraphernalia?
- "Devotees do not suffer"
- Devotees of Lord Krishna are dear to Lord Shiva
- If you are going to die, then you can take
- How can iron become gold?
- Where do you get money?
- "What does it mean to be fully Krsna conscious?"
- What does devotee mean?
- Lord Shiva
- Why waste time on statistics?
- The need of preaching the principles of Bhagavad Gita all over the world
- This is my Magic